Thursday, February 5, 2009

On Having a Low Battery

My computer has a low battery right now, and my charger doesn't work. So, as of right now, I have about 5-10 minutes to finish and post this blog before my computer quits working. "Start your engines..."

I've had this computer for about 5 years now. It's served me faithfully. Although, I have had to replace the LCD, the original batter, and the original battery charger, not to mention the fact that I had to completely reformat it a few months ago. That being said, it still works and still gets the job done.

My charger, however, is another story. It's the third charger that I've bought for this computer and it's the third one to conk out on me. It's so frustrating! And what makes it worse, it stopped working about a week after the 30 day warranty expired. Thank you Dell for your wonderful service. And now, my computer won't charge unless I take it up to the church where I have semi-functional charger that only works if it's in just the right position and the wind isn't blowing too hard that day (don't ask).

This post, however it may appear, is not intended to be a rant. Instead, I wish to make a point (I'm down to 4 minutes...hurry!).

Our hearts are a lot like a battery in the fact that if we don't recharge, we die out. Our zeal and passion for God can only last for so long without being plugged back into our power source. Think about the last time you experienced a "spiritual high," such as going to a conference, or attending a really awesome worship service, or having some great time spent in the Word (yeah, when was the last time that happened?). How long after that moment, did the passion start to dwindle? What's your passion level now?

God wants us to stay plugged into his word and his Spirit. This sounds SO cliche, but it's also very true. Yes, it's possible to be a Christian and not read your Bible or spend time communing with the Lord through prayer.

But, it's also possible to be a computer and not have any power in your battery.

It doesn't make you not a Christian. It just makes you pretty ineffective.

No comments:

Post a Comment