Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day of Thanks, 02.22.09

This week, I am thankful for:

1. Time at home: I got to go home for a couple of days this week. It was really nice just relaxing at home. I had a couple of places I had to go while I was down there, but I really enjoyed just getting to sit at the house for awhile with my family. It's always nice to go home. Thank you, God, for allowing me to go home this week. Thanks for my family, and thank you for letting me spend some time with them. Thank you for keeping me safe on the road.

2. Justin's recovery: As I mentioned in Thursday's post, one of my youth had a seizure at church on Wednesday. Justin has recovered well, except for some lingering soreness. I'm truly grateful that he's doing a lot better. Wednesday was pretty rough. Thank you, God, for taking care of Justin Wednesday night. Thank you for watching out for him and keeping him safe during his episode. Thank you for being in control. Thanks for giving him such a speedy recovery, and continue to heal and bless him.

3. Girls' small group: Yes, I said girls' small group. Our high school girls' small group at EVBC went extremely well Wednesday night. The girls really opened up to my small group leader/volunteer, and they kind of had a breakthrough night as far as their discussion went. I'm hoping that these results continue. Thank you, God, for what you did on Wednesday with our high school girls. Thanks for really breaking through to them. Thanks for Krystle and her leadership. Please continue to touch those girls' hearts. Show them their need for you. Help them to see that you love them and that we love them, too.

4. Not burning down the house: I actually did a bit of cooking this weekend while Nate and Katie were out of town. I cooked a full dinner on Saturday and baked some cookies this afternoon. For my first real weekend cooking in the kitchen by myself, I don't think I did too terribly. At least I didn't burn anything down or contract food poisoning yet. Thank you, God, for providing for me. Thank you for Nate and Katie, and thank you that Katie is a lot better cook than me! Thanks for their hospitality, but thanks for giving me what I need while they're away, too.

5. Thomaston friends: I went to Thomaston on Monday for a funeral visitation. Someone from my church in Thomaston had passed away. The circumstances for my visit were sad, but it was really good to see some old friends from my home church. I got to see a lot of people that I hardly ever get the chance to see, and that was really encouraging. Thank you, God, for allowing me to see everybody in Thomaston the other day. Thanks for giving me the chance to catch back up with some old friends. Please continue to be with Mrs. Artie and her family after the death of Mr. Doug. Thank you for taking him home, but please give Mrs. Artie peace and comfort in you. Take care of her in her time of loss.

Thank you, God, for these blessings, both significant and trivial. You are God, and you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment