Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day of Thanks, 02.01.09

This week, I am thankful for:

1. Conclave: This week, I went to Southeast Conclave, an annual training conference for youth ministers and volunteers. I spent 3 days in Atlanta, talking with fellow youth ministers and networking with them. Additionally, I picked up a lot of great ideas for my youth ministry that I can't wait to implement. It was a great few days. Thank you, God, for Conclave. Thank you for the SBC putting it on, and thank you for allowing me to attend. I am grateful for the knowledge that I gained and the friendships I was able to make.

2. The Dresdows: Instead of staying at a hotel during the conference, I stayed with the Katie's family, about 15-20 minutes from the conference center. It really helped me out a lot by being able to save a couple hundred dollars on a hotel room. They were very hospitable, and I really enjoyed staying with them. I got to hang out with them a couple of times throughout those few days, and had some really good conversations with them. Thank you, God, for the Dresdows. Thank you for allowing me to stay with them, and thank you for their generosity and hospitality. Please bless them for their giving hearts and their willingness to serve those around them.

3. Tax refund: Last year, I got slammed with a major bill for taxes. Long story short, one of my workplaces didn't take out enough taxes in the year, and I had some school financial aid that added more tax on top of what I already owed. This year, though, it looks like I won't owe anything and will hopefully be getting a refund! Thank you, God, for working my financial situations out. You always take care of my needs and never leave me lacking. Thank you for sustaining me as you see fit, and may I never seek worldly riches above the treasure of knowing you.

4. Lunch with Phil: I was able to meet up with a Phil, a good friend of mine, for lunch the other day on my way back from Atlanta. It had been a month or so since I'd seen him last, so it was good to catch up with him again. We were able to talk a good bit about life and how God was moving in our lives. It was a great encouragement to me. Thank you, God, for Phil. Thanks for letting us get together the other day. Thank you for the encouragement and accountability that he brings to me. I pray that we will be able to get together again soon at some point.

5. Worship: We get to worship God. What a privilege! It is not something that we can do on our own accord. Neither do we merit the opportunity. God allows us to enter into his presence and give him honor and praise, and that is truly wonderful. Thank you, God, for allowing us to worship you. Thank you for letting us even mention your name, much less directly praise you. You are truly glorious, and we do not deserve to stand before your throne, but because of your grace we can worship you. May we never cease to praise you with all that we are.

Thank you, God, for these blessings, both significant and trivial. You are God, and you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment