Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm going to East Asia!

I'm breaking from my usual format for some very important news.

The word is out, and I am officially going to East Asia this summer on a mission trip! I'm so excited. I'll be heading out on July 1 and returning on July 30. Woohoo!

Where in East Asia, you might ask? Well, due to safety reasons and protection for myself and fellow missionaries, I cannot tell you the exact location of our trip, but we will be in a REALLY, REALLY big and HIGHLY populated country in East Asia. Use your deductive reasoning and put all those things together (plus the fact that I have to be secretive about it), and you should figure out where I'm going. We just can't broadcast publicly where we're going.

That being said, I'll spend the month of July backpacking around the interior of this large country, helping local pastors meet needs in the area, building relationships, teaching some English, possibly doing some sports camps, and more than anything sharing the love and Gospel of Jesus Christ with the people that we meet. I'll be traveling over there with 2 other college students from Georgia and my good friend and former BCM campus minister, Tracey.It's going to be awesome.

Here's what I need you to be doing: PRAY! Seriously, be praying for me and the group that's going. Pray for safety traveling, protection while we're there (remember, it's a closed country to the Gospel), and the strength and perseverance to endure some difficult circumstances. Pray for the people that we're going to minister to, that they would be open and receptive to the Gospel. Pray that our efforts would last beyond our short term there and would help build the Kingdom of Christ in that country for years to come.

I'm so excited about this trip. I'm also humbled. I don't deserve this opportunity to go, but I'm truly grateful to have the chance to literally make disciples of other nations by actually going there. I am honored to be able to take the Gospel to people on the other side of the world who may never have heard the name of Jesus.

God is good. I can't wait to see what he's going to do there. Again, please be praying. I'll keep you posted on more details as the time draws closer.

Glory to God!

2 comments:

  1. Just this weekend heard there is a Pentecost happening almost every minute over there. 60 to 70,000 folks are coming to know Jesus there every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. matt. that is AMAZING!! holy cow!! im suppperrr excited for you!!! REALLY!! and guess what. you will be back in plenty of time for me and ry's wedding. haha... which is also good. really though. you will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete