Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day of Thanks, 02.08.09

This week, I am thankful for:

1. Scholarship weekend: My sister competed at a scholarship competition at my alma mater this past weekend. It looks like she'll definitely be coming to LaGrange. I'm glad that she was able to go and earn some scholarships, and I'm hoping that she might even earn the full scholarship (and for all my Dresdow friends, I hope Todd gets it too). Thank you, God, for allowing Amy to go to the scholarship competition this past weekend. Thank you for already giving her some scholarship money so that she can come to LaGrange. Please work things out as you see fit for her.

2. Warm weather: The weather here the past few days has been particularly nice. I've really enjoyed getting outside some and doing some things such as playing tennis. Thank you, God, for the great weather lately. Thank you for blessing us with life and taking care of such little things like the weather patterns. Thank you for making creation beautiful, and thank you for allowing me to take some time to enjoy it this week.

3. BCM Summer Missions weekend: I spent the weekend up in Temple, Ga. where I participated in the Baptist Collegiate Ministries Summer Missions interview weekend. College students from throughout the state came together to seek out missions opportunities and get placements for the summer. I'm really excited about next summer (more to come on this tomorrow!). Plus, the weekend was a great opportunity to see a few good friends of mine and hang out with them, particularly some of my old campus ministers and my good friend Stuart. Thank you, God, for allowing me to go to interview weekend this weekend. Thank you for letting me meet up with some old friends. Thanks for the encouragement of fellow believers my age, and thank you for giving me opportunities to serve you.

4. Stuart: As mentioned above, I got to hang out with my friend Stuart for a couple of days at BCM interview weekend. It had been awhile since we'd really hung out, and it was wonderful getting to catch up with him, and I'm very glad for his friendship. We talked about a lot and prayed for each other, too. It was really nice. Thank you, God, for Stuart. Thank you for allowing me to see him this weekend. Thank you for his friendship, and thank you for his encouragement. Please bless him and his ministry up in Athens.

5. Kaleo Conference: I sent a couple of my youth (Joey and Travis) with my friend Robby to a conference in Alabama this weekend. They really seemed to get a lot out of it and enjoyed the trip (how could you not enjoy a conference where David Platt speaks?). Either way, I'm glad that they got the experience of going and hearing what God had to say to them. I can't wait to see the results. Thank you, God, for letting the guys go to Kaleo this weekend. I pray that you continue to speak to them and use them in awesome ways in their campuses and in our church.

Thank you, God, for these blessings, both significant and trivial. You are God, and you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment