Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Pause

Today I'd like to pause from my usual blogging style to mention a couple of pieces of information:

1. Sorry for the absence of blogs the last 2 days. I was in Macon, Ga. at Youth Evangelism Conference (YEC) on Sunday and Monday and I didn't have my computer with me. When I got back Monday night, I was exhausted and just didn't post. Forgive my laziness, but I think the couple of days off was good for me. Hence, point 2...

2. I feel like I kind of got stuck in a rut there for awhile with my blog. Stuff didn't seem fresh. I felt like I was forcing ideas the past few days, and that kind of made blogging seem more like a chore than anything. But, after having had a couple of days to recharge and get my head right, I think I'm back on track. Hence, point 3...

3. A lot of times, I tend to teach or share things that are from me without putting much prayer or thought into it. You may think "It's no big deal, Matt. It's just a blog." But for me, it's not. For me, this is an opportunity to reveal the evidence of God on our lives and to share what he has been teaching me. Consequently, I can't just throw something together last minute and be faithful in this task. Now point 4...

4. So, from now on, I'm going to try to put a little more depth into this (not necessarily making it longer, just making it a little more concentrated, I guess). More than anything, I want God to be glorified through my words. The format of the blog will remain the same. I think I have a good balance here, but at the same time, I want to make it a little less watered down. I'm not exactly sure what that means as far as details go, but that's fine. We'll take it a day at a time.

I leave you with a passage of Scripture which has challenged me and encouraged me in my evaluation of this blog--

Lamentations 3:40 - "Let us test and examine our ways, and return to the Lord!"

So, here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment