Sunday, December 14, 2008

Day of Thanks, 12.14.08

Today, I am thankful for:

1. Getting better - I recently contracted some sort of bronchial/sinus/throat disease last week (please see Tuesday's post). However, the sickness didn't really last entirely too long or get too bad. I'm still not 100%, but I have been feeling somewhat better the last couple of days, and I haven't really had to limit my activities very much. Thank you, God, for helping me to get better. Thank you, also, for keeping this sinus thing from getting too bad. You have definitely taken care of me and my health.

2. Going home - I got to go home on Thursday to spend some time with my folks. I was able to see my sister's chorus concert (see Thursday's post), help my mom put up Christmas decorations (see Friday's post), go to breakfast with my Dad, and just have some quality time with my family at home. It was very nice. Thank you, God, for allowing me to go home last week. Thanks for giving me a safe trip there and back again. Thank you for a great family that loves me and supports me, and thank you for letting me visit them.

3. Children - Tonight, the kids at my church put on a little Christmas musical. They sang some Christmas songs and read Scriptures in between them. They even dressed up like angels and shepherds. It was pretty cool. There was something very pure about it. I don't know. Maybe I'll post on it later this week. Either way...Thank you, God, for the kids at our church. Even though they might get a little crazy every once in awhile, thank you for them. Thank you for speaking to us through children.

4. Generous church friends - Our youth are going to a youth conference at the end of the month. However, due to the low economic status of many of my students, several of them can't afford the cost to go. This morning, I had 4 people come up to me and give me the deposit money for 4 of my students in need. Thank you, God, for people in our church that are willing to give to those that do not have as much. Thank you for generous hearts and for allowing these kids to be able to go to the conference as a result.

5. An old friend - When I was at home this past week, I was able to sit down and eat lunch with a good friend of mine who was my former pastor. I've known Andy for several years now, and I always enjoy talking with him. He is always very encouraging and gives me some very sound council. At the same time, he's not afraid to give me an honest opinion on something, even if it's not what I want to hear. Thank you, God, for Andy. Thanks for allowing us to get together for lunch on Friday. Thank you for our friendship and for providing me someone with whom I can seek advice. Thank you for a godly man and a great pastor.

Thank you, God, for these blessings, both significant and trivial. You are God, and you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment