Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day of Thanks, 12.07.08

Today, I am thankful for:

1. My sister-in-law - Today was Noelle's birthday. I know it may sound weird to be thankful for your sister-in-law, but if I had to pick anyone to be my brother's wife, I couldn't have done better than Noelle. She's fun to hang around (when she doesn't pick on me), and she makes Chuck happy, which is a lot more important. Thank you, God, for Noelle (and her birthday). Thanks for giving Chuck a good wife and for allowing us to be friends.

2. December - Christmas is almost here, and that's always exciting. I enjoy the Christmas season and what it brings, including: beautiful lights, decorations, time spent with family and friends, hot drinks, some time off work, and many more things. Obviously, and most importantly, I am very appreciative for the birth of Jesus, my Lord, my Savior, and my friend. Thank you, God, for the month of December. Thank you for Christmas, for giving your Son. Thank you for what the holidays bring, particularly opportunities for fellowship with family and friends.

3. End of school - Classes ended for me this week. I'm very glad of that. I've got one paper due on Tuesday, but that's it, so I'm very excited. I'm looking forward to being able to focus a lot more on my work at the church and on some other things. Thank you, God, for the end of this semester. Thank you for giving the the opportunity for an education, and thanks for getting me through it, even when I didn't really enjoy it.

4. A blog - I haven't really thanked God for this yet, but I'm glad that I have an opportunity to share my thoughts/musings via the web. It also is good to be able to see and hear from my friends on their blogs. Thank you, God, for this blog. Thank you for an opportunity to share how I see you in everyday life to the people that are around me. Thank you for the people that read, and may what I say through you make an impact upon their hearts.

5. The Lord's Supper - I was able to take communion at a worship service at the college tonight. I was leading worship for the service, and at the end, we partook of the Lord's Supper together. I always enjoy this sacrament and what it represents. It is truly special, and I really wish I could do it more often. Thank you, God, for the institution of communion. Thank you for the body that was broken for us and the blood that was shed for us. Thank you for your sacrifice. May we always remember it.

Thank you, God, for these blessings both significant and trivial. You are God, and You are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment