Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day of Thanks, 12.21.08

Today, I am thankful for:

1. Going home: I got to go home for Christmas today. It's nice to be home with my family for the week. We'll be going to Brunswick to see my grandmother, too. God, thank you for my family. Thank you for allowing me to be able to go home this week for Christmas. Thank you also for letting me see my grandmother.

2. Our progressive dinner: We had a progressive dinner for our youth on Friday, and we had a really good time. Several families really bent over backward for us so that the youth could enjoy a nice evening of food and hanging out. Thank you, God, for the people that helped with our progressive dinner. Thank you for their generosity and hospitality. Thank you for the youth that went, and may you continue to work in their hearts and lives.

3. Friends: I got to spend a good bit of time with several of my friends this week. I got to see some of my old friends from my days at Western Heights. I went hiking with Beth and Katie. I went to a carousel. I saw some old friends from college that I hadn't seen in awhile. And I had a nice lunch with some of my friends on Sunday. Thank you, God, for friends. Thank you for bringing these people into my life, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to spend some time with them this week.

4. Christmas gifts: I got several Christmas gifts this week from my friends, including an awesome scarf, some ornaments, a couple of books, some slippers, and a few sentimental gifts. I really enjoy and appreciate them all. Thank you, God, for my Christmas gifts. Thanks for friends that gave them to me. Thank you, most of all, for the gift of your Son. Thank you for giving us the greatest gift of all.

5. David Platt: I really enjoy listening to David Platt, the pastor at Brook Hills Church in Birmingham, AL. I think he's one of the greatest preachers I've ever heard. He presents the Bible in a very heartfelt, humble, and wise manner, and I've always enjoyed hearing him teach. I listen to his podcasts each week, and they are always very encouraging and challenging. Thank you, God, for David Platt and his sermons. Thank you for calling him to preach, and thank you for giving me the capability of hearing him preach your Word. Thank you for your Word and for lifting up people to teach it.

Thank you, God, for these blessings, both significant and trivial. You are God, and you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment