Thursday, December 11, 2008

On Choral Concerts

Tonight, I attended my little sister's high school chorus winter concert. It was really nice. My whole family was able to go. I also got to see some old friends. Overall, it was a fine evening of music and companionship.

Her high school is quite large, so the choir was really big, too. Consequently, the sound that they produced was magnificent. For a high school choir, they were very impressive overall. The depth was great, their diction was crisp, and their overall sound was very full. The fact that they sang Christmas music also added to the wonderful atmosphere. I must admit, I was very impressed.

I've always enjoyed classical music performances. Call me old school, but I love when choruses sing in four-part harmony. I especially love "A Capella" renditions, particularly in songs of a minor key. I say all of this just to portray how much I truly enjoyed the night.

As I was sitting there enjoying the music, reveling in the beauty of the sound of a hundred voices in song, I caught myself wondering what it would be like in heaven. What will it sound like to hear all of the angels singing praise to our Lord? How loud will all the believers singing praises to God actually be?

I can't wait to join in that moment. I can't wait to sing in the eternal song of praise to our Father.

Tonight was a great night of music. But while the CCHS choir was really good tonight, they're nothing compared to the sound of the heavenly choir of which we will be a part one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment