Wednesday, November 26, 2008

On Posting Absentee

I must confess, I am writing this post a day early. It is really Tuesday, not Wednesday. On Wednesday, I will be in Brunswick at my grandmother's house, which has no internet access. So, thanks to the marvel that is technology, I'm writing this post early and scheduling it to be posted tomorrow at 12:30 p.m. We'll see if it works correctly or not.

It's kind of neat that you can do that. I was kind of worrying about what I'd do for my blog the next few days. I could take a break, but if I did that, I was afraid that I'd have a hard time restarting once I got back. Secondly, I knew that if I didn't post during Thanksgiving holidays, all of my readers would hate me (ok, not really, but still--I have you in mind!). Thirdly, I figured that in all of the spare time you'll have during your Thanksgiving holidays, you might want a little reading material. So, here you are.

Now, you may be asking, how in the world are you going to find a God-moment in this? Well, as a good friend of mine used to say all the time: I'm glad you asked.

Unlike me, God never goes on a vacation. He never takes sick days. He never asks for time off. Consequently, he's always there to speak to us. We never get a voicemail message when we call for him. We never get an automatic response when we send him a message. He never has to post absentee. He is always there waiting to hear from us and speak to us.

Moreover, God always has the right message for us at the right time. Right now, I'm posting something that's on my heart a day early so that it can reach you tomorrow. God, however, fulfills today's needs today. He doesn't have to schedule or plan ahead for when he won't be there, because God will never be in that situation. He always knows exactly what's on your heart, and if you seek him, he speaks the exact truth to you that you need to hear at that point in time. Isn't that wonderful?

So, here's tomorrow's message today. Or is it today's message from yesterday? Who knows.

But with God, there's no debate. He's speaking to you right now, and he's giving you what you need for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment