Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day of Thanks, 11.23.08

Today, I am thankful for:

1. Thanksgiving holidays - I am really excited about getting to go home Tuesday night and spend several days with my family. It has been a really long time since I've seen all of them at one time. Plus, Chuck and Noelle are coming, too, so that will be even better. I will also get to visit my grandmother down in Brunswick for several days. I can't wait. Thank you, God, for a short break in my usual schedule to be able to go down and visit with my family. Thanks for giving me a good family and the transportation means by which to visit them in a few days.

2. Our new kitten - We have a new kitten at the house. Our first cat (Mrs. Reynolds) is not too thrilled about our new little companion, but hopefully she'll get over it soon enough. The new kitten is tiny, black, and has no tail. According to Katie, he looks like a cross between a bat and a bear--an interesting mix, yet quite accurate. This little fuzzball is quite funny though, and brings joy to our hearts. For more on our kitten, I refer you to Katie's blog. Thank you, God, for our cats. Even though they are quite trivial, they do bring joy. Thank you for the simple pleasures in life.

3. Sleep - This weekend was super busy for me. I worked over 20 hours between Friday and Saturday. I was mentally and physically exhausted. Thankfully, I was able to get a good night's rest last night, and I will be refreshed for the next couple of days. Thank you, God, for giving us rest when we need it. You rested on the 7th day and give us chances to rest as well.

4. Fishing trip - Whenever my family goes down to Brunswick (which we'll do for Thanksgiving), me, my brother, and my dad always go fishing out in the rivers down there. It's always fun. I really enjoy hanging out with my dad and brother, and the opportunity to get out in nature always reminds me of the presence of God. Not to mention, I really enjoy fishing (and eating what we catch). Thank you, God, for Brunswick and the opportunity to enjoy some days on the river. May I always be reminded of your presence there.

5. My truck - While it may not get the best gas mileage in the world, I have a very reliable source of vehicular transportation in my truck. Not to mention, I (and several of my friends) have gotten a lot of use out of having a truck. I've had it for over 4 years now, and it hasn't broken down on me yet, nor have I had any real problems with it. I'm looking forward to driving it down to see my family in a couple of days. Thank you, God, for giving me my truck. Thanks for allowing me to be able to drive and get where I need to go.

Thank you, God, for these blessings, both significant and trivial. You are God, and you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment