Friday, November 21, 2008

On Being Too Busy

So, I have 30 minutes left to post this before my deadline for today. It's late, I'm tired, and this will be pretty short. Sorry for the tardiness.

Today was non-stop for me, from 7:30 this morning until now, and it's almost midnight. I put in a 14 hour workday at the college. No kidding. It wasn't too bad. I did statistician stuff, painted an office, and worked a basketball tournament. It wasn't bad, but it was busy, so much so that I never got a chance to sit down and blog for today until now.

I'm really glad God doesn't get like this. He's busy controlling the universe, making sure the days turn into night, controlling the ebb and flow of the ocean's tides, and instructing the beating rythyms of our hearts. He is the Creator and Sustainer of ALL life--everything, and he oversees all of these things to perfection.

Yet, in the midst of all the things that God does, he finds a place for us. He never gets too busy to sit and hear our prayers or speak sweet words of refreshment to our hearts. There is always a place in front of the throne of God for us as people, because God loves us.

Thank you, God, for loving us and being faithful even though you are far busier than we could ever be.

May we always make time to worship and adore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment