Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day of Thanks, 11.30.08

Today, I am thankful for:

1. Thanksgiving break - Thanksgiving break was really nice. I got to go home and see my family. Then, we all went to Brunswick to be with my grandmother for a little while. My brother and I went fishing with my dad, and we just had an all around good time. I wish it wasn't over, but all good times must come to an end. Thank you, God, for allowing me to have a few days away from LaGrange with my family. Thank you for time with my family and allowing me to see my grandmother again.

2. Rain - We've gotten a lot of much-needed rain here these past couple of days. Although it has been kind of dreary weather, the rain has been really nice. Thank you, God, for rain. Thank you for replenishing the earth and giving us the water that we need. Thanks for controlling the weather and taking care of all our needs.

3. Safe travel - In accordance with the first two things I mentioned, I was on the road a lot during some pretty bad driving conditions. On Saturday, I drove about 5 hours in the rain without any real trouble, despite the fact that it was kind of hard to see. Thank you, God, for giving me safe passages to and from my destinations over these past few days. I traveled quite a good bit, and you kept me safe even in stormy weather. Thank you for watching out for me.

4. Youth service - Tonight we had a youth-led service at church. Some of my youth took part in the service by leading music, taking up the offering, etc. I was especially excited about Joey getting up and sharing a Scripture passage and what it reminded him of. He did a great job, and had a great lesson. The service went very well over all. Thank you, God, for a church that is willing to allow the youth to take part in the service. Thank you for a youth group that has grown a lot over these past few months. Thanks for calling students to minister as much as anyone else.

5. A bed - I slept on a couch the past four days while traveling around with my family. It wasn't too terrible, but it was really hard to get a good night's rest. Plus, sleeping on the couch in the living room meant that I didn't get to sleep in at all. That was OK, though. I didn't mind too much. However, I am really excited to get a good night's rest in my bed tonight. Thank you, God, for a bed. I know that not everyone in the world has one. Thank you for giving me that luxury, and may I never take something that simple for granted anymore. Thank you for sleep and for rest.

Thank you, God, for these blessings, both significant and trivial. You are God, and you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment