Friday, January 9, 2009

On Posting Tomorrow

It's late. It's after midnight, and I've technically missed my deadline for posting today. Nevertheless, I wanted to post really quick before I head off to bed.
I didn't post today because I was busy. Simple as that. I worked, I got stuff done around the house, I had dinner with friends, and I went over to a new friend's house to watch the BCS Championship game with him and talk some. It was a good day, just busy, and I didn't make time to post. So, on the way home, I decided, well, I'm just going to go to bed, and I'll make a good post tomorrow.

How many times do we do that in our walk with the, Lord?

Most of our days often go like this: "God, I've been really busy today, you know, hanging out with my friends, watching TV, doing schoolwork, working, and all that stuff. I just didn't have time to hang out with you. I promise I'll spend time with you tomorrow, but right now I'm tired and I'm going to go to bed."

Sound familiar?

That's my attitude a lot of the time, but the truth is, God doesn't want to talk to us tomorrow. He wants to spend time with us today. So don't miss the opportunity. We're not guaranteed that tomorrow.

And with that, I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment