Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On Missing a Day

It's really late, and I haven't posted today. I just didn't make time, and I kind of forgot until I had something to do, and now it's past midnight.

We're the same way with our spiritual lives. We put it off and put if off until when we finally think about reading our Bible our spending time in prayer, it's too late, and we go to bed.

I'm not going to try to double up tomorrow or make tomorrow's post extra packed with stuff to make up for today. I don't think that's what you or me want. Instead, I'm just going to pick up tomorrow on my normal schedule and enjoy blogging.

I think God is the same way. He's not waiting to judge us on missing a day with him. He doesn't require us to read double the amount of Scripture or spend twice as much time in prayer the next day to make up for our missed time with him. Yes, it hurts him that we didn't come to him, but he forgives. There are consequences for not abiding in the Word, but it's not like God kicks us out of the Jesus club because we didn't pay our dues that day. He just wants to spend time with us today.

So, have a good night, and we'll pick back up like normal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment