Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day of Thanks, 01.18.09

Today, I am thankful for:

1. Going home this week: I'm going to get to go home for a few days at the end of this next week. I can't wait to be with my family for a couple of days, and I might even be able to catch one of my sister's swim meets next weekend, too. That would be nice. God, thank you for the opportunity to go home this week. Thank you for a loving family who supports me. Thank you for freeing up my schedule to have the time to get away from things here in LaGrange to get home for a little while.

2. Book club: The book club is starting back up again (that would be Nate, Chuck, and me. We miss you, Ryan). We used to do this a year or so ago, reading a book every month or two and getting together to discuss it. It was always very encouraging, and it was a good way to keep each other accountable about reading and studying. Anyway, we're kicking it back up again, and this time we'll be going through some of C.S. Lewis science fiction stuff. I'm excited about it. Than you, God, for the book club starting back up. Thank you for books and for giving us the desire to learn. Thanks for Chuck and Nate and the opportunity to learn with them.

3. Saturday's dinner: On Saturday night, I spent the evening hanging out with some friends of mine from church. They had me and some other guests over to their new home for a meal and some hang-out time. It was really fun. We had some great food, and then we played charades. I had a great time and was able to meet some new people, too. All in all, it was a very nice evening. Thank you, God, for Chris and Krystle. Thank you for allowing me to go over to their house. Thank you for new friends and old friends. Thank you for their friendship and for Krystle's help with the youth.

4. Nate and Katie getting back: As most of you who read this blog know, I live with Nate and Katie. They've been out of town this weekend visiting Nate's brother in Alabama, and they'll be getting home in a little bit. I've got the cats to keep me company around the house, but when Nate and Katie are both gone, I realize how much I enjoy their company. I'm glad they're coming back tonight and hope they have a safe trip. Thank you, God, for Nate and Katie. Thank you again for their hospitality and for providing me a place to live. I pray that you give them safe travel back from Alabama. Bless them and their home.

5. Chuck: I have an older brother whom I love dearly. I really appreciate him and all that he does for me. Thankfully he lives here in LaGrange with me, so I get to see him a good bit. We both work at the college together, and we're both youth ministers, so we have a lot in common. He's a great brother, and I think the world of him. I'm very thankful to have him in my life. Thank you, God, for Chuck. Thank you for the relationship that we have. I know that there are many brothers in the world who can't stand each other. Thank you for him, his wife Noelle, and for their friendship. Thank you for his ministry. I pray that you bless him and all that he does.

Thank you, God, for these blessings, both significant and trivial. You are God, and you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment