Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On Being Worth It

If you have kept up with my blogging life at all, then you've heard me discuss my computer woes. It seems as though my computer is slowly dying. First it was the LCD, then it was the fan, then it was the LCD again, then it was my adapters, and now it's my power jack.

The power jack on the back of the computer is broken, and I cannot power my computer. As of right now, I have about an hour left of juice in my battery--just enough to go and save all my stuff and transfer it to my work computer before I can't get to it.

Now you're probably sitting there (especially if you are computer savvy) saying, "Just get it repaired." I've considered it. I've looked around for pricing, and most people charge $100 to $150 to repair the power jack. It doesn't sound like a lot of money, but when you're computer is 4 1/2 years old, you just get tired of putting money into it.

So here's my dilemma. Do I just man up and pay the money to fix a computer on which something else will probably break in the near future? Or do I forsake the computer, sell it for parts, and go without a laptop for awhile until I can afford a new computer? Decisions, decisions.

Sitting here in this position makes me think about how God views us. He invests a lot in us, pouring love and compassion into our lives, ultimately sacrificing his Son for our sakes. Instead of faithfully serving him though, we fail time and time again. We just keep on breaking. But God, in his faithfulness, keeps fixing us. He keeps forgiving and keeps on loving.

If I was God, I would stop investing in people. We just aren't faithful. We're not dependable. We're destined to break. However, God counts us as being completely worth it. He never gives up on us. He sees us with compassion and unyielding love and wants us to love him in return. He is truly good.

Too bad I don't see my computer that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment