Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day of Thanks, 03.08.09

This week, I am thankful for:

1. Travis preaching: Travis preached tonight at church. It was his first sermon, and he did a great job. I was really proud of him and am glad that he had the opportunity. I'm hoping that he'll continue to get some experience and continue preaching the Word. It was really encouraging. Thank you, God, for Travis being able to preach tonight. Thanks for giving him a message, and thanks for giving him peace. Thanks for an encouraging congregation for him during his first sermon.

2. BCM: BCM was really good Thursday night. We spent the evening discussing prayer, and at the end, we spent a good deal of time praying for each other and for the school. It was a really encouraging night for everyone. Thank you, God, for BCM. Thanks for Cory and his leadership. Thanks for hearing our prayers when we don't even deserve to talk to you. Thank you for encouraging brothers with which to pray.

3. Snow day: We got the day off from work Monday because of all the snow that we had last Sunday. So, I got to sleep in for a little while, and I got to take the day and catch up on a few things. It was really nice. Thank you, God, for the day off. Thank you for the opportunity to take a small rest. Thanks for letting me catch up on some things.

4. East Asia details: I found out the other day that we're going to be going to an UNREACHED AREA in East Asia! I'm so excited. We're going to be teaching English at a local elementary school for a couple of weeks, then we're going to be doing some ministry in the city. I'm really, really excited. Thank you, God, for the opportunity to go to East Asia. Thank you for continuing to work out the details for the trip. I can't wait to go.

5. Forgiveness: God's love is so amazing. I truly do not deserve it. I was reminded of that a lot this week. God reached out to us when we weren't even interested in him. We did not merit salvation. It is a free gift, a gift I did not deserve. Yet, God still loves me, even when I stray. Even when I am a prodigal son, he welcomes me with open arms. Thank you, God, for that. Thank you for your unfailing love.

Thank you, God, for these blessings, both significant and trivial. You are God, and you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment