Monday, May 25, 2009

On Being Back

You thought I was done.

You thought I probably wasn't going to post again, that I had gone the way of many people before me, falling off the blogging bandwagon after a few weeks of typing my thoughts. Admit it: you had given up on me.

Well here I am again, sharing my musings on your computer screen. I understand that it's been 20 days since my last post, and for that I'm sorry to anyone who actually cares that I wasn't updating you during that time. Not to make excuses, but taking a new job and moving has caused me to be a little busy lately. I'll admit that I may not have made this a priority, but now that I'm settled in at FBC Moultrie, it'll be a lot easier to get back on some sort of blogging schedule.

I'm not making any promises, though. There will be a lot going on this summer that will force me to be away. Nevertheless, I'm going to do my best.

There is someone who did make a promise to be back, though: Jesus. He promised he would return to earth.

Unfortunately, there are many who respond to Jesus' return like they would my blog--with doubt. Whether we intend to or not, there are many of us who really don't think that Jesus is going to return anytime soon. We think that he's done, for now anyway. Regardless of whether or not our thoughts actually echo that statement, our actions definitely don't portray any confidence in his promised return.

I don't intend to be one of these impending doom prophets or someone pins dates and times on Christ's return; however, Jesus instructed us to be ready. He told us to live as though each day would be our last. We can't become complacent. We can't be slack. We must be ready.

What does that mean? It means we seek the Lord. It means we love people. It means we share the Gospel with urgency. It means we don't seek earthly riches. It means we don't indulge in worldly pleasures.

It means we should live like the kingdom of God is imminent.

Because it is.

1 comment:

  1. I missed your posts, just so you know. Your blog is in my lists of blogs on the side of my blog and I look every day to see if it has gone up in the rankings. Glad that it did today! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete